Korean Time & Date

Current Weather

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Henry and Nancy's Wedding


A few weeks ago we attended a wedding for a couple of our friends, Henry and Nancy. As many of you already know, Henry is Korean and Nancy met him a couple of years ago when she first came to Korea to teach English. They actually had two wedding ceremonies; one in Korea and one in Nancy's hometown in Missouri. The Korean wedding was the first.

The following photos are the ones I took at the relatively western-style ceremony. However, I should mention that the really crazy Korean cultural stuff actually occurred before the ceremony at a traditional, family-only "pre-reception". The couple were dressed as a Joseon Dynasty king and queen, seated at a traditional Korean table with a giant, red silk screen behind them and Nancy had to ride Henry piggy-back style around the table several times to ensure a lasting marriage. Yeah, I wish I had been there to take pictures...


This is Nancy's mom and dad, who traveled to Korea in order to attend the wedding.


This is Henry's mom and dad, who later traveled to the United States to see the American wedding.




The ceremony took place inside the main Hanbit church building. The pastor was the senior Hanbit pastor.




After the ceremony, the bride and groom and their parents took a bow toward the audience at the end of the ceremony.


Poor Henry... one wedding down, one to go.



1 comment:

stevenjared0853 said...

Hey! I have also thought about this idea of keeping a portrait of my fiancé and I outside the venue. It looks nice! All the pictures are amazingly captured and I enjoyed going through this post a lot. I also have to finalize a nice venue amongst so many good Seattle Wedding venues for my wedding.