Korean Time & Date

Current Weather

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Eighteen Credits of Bliss

Just to bore everyone, I thought I'd share what I'm doing in college this semester. I'm taking six courses: The Court In Crisis; U.S. Foreign & Military Policy; Leadership Studies; World War II; Intro to Public Administration; Rome and the Caesars.

My favorites are World War II and Rome and the Caesars. I suppose that shouldn't come as a surprise, considering I'm a History major. As I'm a Political Science minor, I've taken a litany of course with names like "Political Theory" and "Political Systems and Ideas". The foreign policy class I'm in currently bores me to tears, though I'm definitely learning valuable information. Seriously.

But I've always loved stories, and as history is almost always told as a story, I've always loved history. Take my World War II class, for instance. Last Monday we attended a presentation given by Paul Murphy, Colorado's only living survivor of the U.S.S. Indianapolis disaster. The Indianapolis was the ship that carried the first atomic bomb to the Philippines. It was torpedoed and sunk shortly thereafter, and the few survivors spent several days in the open water before the Navy was even aware of what had happened. The pic, in case you were wondering, is of the Indianapolis. If you're interested, here's a link to a website about it: http://www.ussindianapolis.us/

Things are going well so far this semester. Midterms will be coming up before long, and I'm looking forward to graduation in December.

No comments: