Korean Time & Date

Current Weather

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Just idling for now....

Not much to report here. While South Korea is on our minds everyday, so is work and school and everything else. I find it hard to devote lots of time to Korea when so many other things are going on. Not to mention that there isn't much we can do at this point except maybe start learning basic Korean and try to pin point a location where we would like to live. I'm trying mentally to feel more comfortable about these huge decisions like whether to use a recruiter or not, and where exactly we should settle down. We have mostly decided it would be best to fly over there on one way tickets and find Aaron a job when we land, rather than signing a contract before we leave and being surprised to find out that either the school or our apartment isn't quite like we were told. To me, this is rather freaky and could be a headache but "adventuous me" is kinda excited about it. We plan to save enough money to live in a hotel until Aaron can find work and I have read that it shouldn't be too difficult to find a job, so I'm crossing my fingers we are choosing to do the right thing.
I've been thinking about the securities I need to have with me while I'm gone that will help me through times like our unavoidable homelessness and here's what I want at all times:
God's word inbedded in my head ready to recite
God's word in my bible
A phone that can be used to call home at any moment and that can receive calls from home too (my parents don't use the internet.... they don't even have call waiting. My dad thinks it's rude :) - I heard from a friend that there is a phone through the internet with a local number from home that may be what we need. We'll have to look into it.
An IPod with all my favorite songs
Internet
My pillow
Pictures of all my friends and family
Money to fly home at a moments notice

So for the next few months, we're looking into learning basic Korean and saving money.
The nice thing about going over there first is that we are on our own time frame. We can decide exactly when we want to leave and be more prepared to leave the country. We'll have to quit our jobs and move everything into storage. Sigh, what a huge deal.....
-Katie

No comments: