Korean Time & Date

Current Weather

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

If You're Going to San Francisco...

I may be going to San Francisco, but I won't be wearing flowers in my hair. It looks like I will have no choice but to fly to the Korean consulate in San Francisco for a personal interview, prior to being issued my work visa.

Last night I received a phone call from the English academy and was asked if I would mind reverting to the previous plan for me to attend the training session that will be held March 3rd. Of course, this is not a problem, but it's a good thing I hadn't already bought our tickets. Incidentally, I was also asked to refrain from buying my ticket until the school has received my visa reservation number from the Korean government.

I used the opportunity to ask for more details regarding the series of steps that I will take after the reservation number is issued. Apparently I will need to call the consulate and set up an appointment for an interview, after which they will stamp my passport. This unfortunate fact was also confirmed to me by the person in charge of visa applications when I called the consulate to ask some questions. I guess I was hoping beyond hope that they might have relaxed a little regarding this requirement...

On the upside, I was informed by the consulate that Katie's tourist visa should only take a few days to process, and that she will not have to provide any itenerary information (nor will she have to conduct a personal interview, thankfully!).

Today Katie and I rented our storage unit. This week we will begin moving the first of our belongings into it.

No comments: