Korean Time & Date

Current Weather

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Final packing, reflecting, dreaming

Aaron is in San Francisco today, meeting with the Korean Consulate. He called me this morning and said that he barely slept longer than an hour last night after he arrived, due to the airport being cold and damp feeling. Yuck.

In just 2 days our little world will truly be turned upside down when we leave our apartment and begin a life of living out of a suitcase. I've been busy this week with packing up fragile things and photos, and when that is done, I'll move on to the kitchen.

I find that as we get closer to leaving here, I'm feeling more anxious than anything else. I feel like we've been saying goodbye for weeks now, and I'm really curious about the way things will be in Changwon. I shouldn't do this, but I keep imagining what everything will look like, and what I will look like doing certain things, and the truth is that it will all probably look and feel completely different from anything I could ever imagine!
I can't wait to make our new home feel like home. No matter how hard the language is, or shopping will be, or being stared at will feel, our home will always be our little place of refuge and comfort.

I really am a homebody. I love being at home in the kitchen trying out new recipes, or on the couch with a good book, emailing friends, or watching a timeless classic on t.v. However, I believe that I do have somewhat of an adventurous side in me that I hope to let run free in South Korea.
Maybe I'll even be the proud owner of this beauty :)

No comments: