Korean Time & Date

Current Weather

Monday, September 22, 2008

Bemmy and Shoe

Two of my at home classes are made up of 4-5 year olds who are definitely the most fun, but also the most difficult to teach. Class is 50 minutes and is mostly spent keeping crayons out of mouths, and bottoms off the piano (that happens to be conveniently situated at seat level when they stand up on their grown up sized chairs). I mostly drill them on ABC's and counting, but we also use a little book with simple vocabulary words and pages for coloring. The main characters are little cartoon bears named Benny and Sue, or "Bemmy and Shoe" as the kids say. Cute.

During the lesson, Alice's mother usually comes in to bring us little yogurt drinks and one of the little boys always takes mine off the tray and hands it to me. It's really precious!

This past lesson I decided to give them a break and do a craft. We made bear masks. I only have pictures from one group. Here's how they turned out:

This is John. He's the best at speaking English. You can see the piano in the background. He crawls all over it the most.
This is Ryan. He loves stickers and the color red.
Here's Alice. She's really sweet and quiet and used to not talk to me at all. Now I have her reciting the ABC's like a pro.
This is Chris. He is really cute, but doesn't really pay attention to me. He barely responds to his English name I gave him 2 months ago, and he wears that shirt every Friday.

No comments: