Korean Time & Date

Current Weather

Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Hunt is On


I took this photo a few days ago while bumming around Golden with Kyle. It was taken at Clear Creek, which runs through the middle of town. The creek was frozen solid enough to be walked on in shallow spots, though neither Kyle nor I were willing to chance walking across the deeper areas.

On the job front, things seem to be moving right along. The recruiting agency was (not surprisingly) closed over Christmas, so I didn't hear anything until a couple of days ago. I was told that currently the agency does not have many positions available in Busan, but that there are positions open in nearby cities along the coast. I really don't have an issue with this; after all, a smaller city, with easy access to Busan, might prove more livable than being in Busan itself.

I have yet to be personally "presented" with any job openings, however. I've received two form emails from my contact at the recruiting agency which contain job openings in Seoul and other areas, including locations near Busan. Presumably, if I were to see an opening I like, I could simply let the recruiter know and he would submit my resume to that school. Most of the start dates are early to mid February, however, and will therefore likely not work for several reasons:
  • My physical diploma, which the consulate and school will require, will not be available until January 18th.
  • My transcripts will not be available until the same time as the diploma.
  • Katie and I are taking a trip to Washington to visit Julie, Amy and Jasmine near the first of February, and don't get back until the 10th.
  • We will require at least a week to get moved out of our apartment and tie up lose ends.
I'm in the process of obtaining a criminal background check from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI), which I'll have to have notarized. I'll eventually have to submit this to the Korean consulate. It would be nice if between now and January 18th I could sign a contract for a position that starts in late February, or even early March. I could then submit all my documentation to the consulate, and we could wrap everything else up after returning from Washington.

No comments: