Korean Time & Date

Current Weather

Monday, January 7, 2008

"I Could Face the World With a Trunk Like This By My Side"


I have neglected to mention that Katie and I bought our luggage last week. After careful consideration, we decided that we will require at least one 30" rolling upright each in order to transport our things to Korea.

30" is about as big as rolling luggage comes. The retailer for which I work sells luggage, and had some on sale for Black Friday. However, these were cheap and flimsy. We decided that if we were going to spend big bucks on luggage, it might as well last us for awhile. We discovered that the Samsonite outlet at the mall was running a buy-one-get-one half off through the end of December, and so we took a deep breath and made the investment.

Being a Joe Versus the Volcano fan, I couldn't help but be reminded of when Joe buys the luggage for his big trip. Joe tells the luggage salesman that he will be taking an ocean voyage, and the salesman responds, "Ah, yes. So, a real journey." He gives Joe these important, luggage-related words of wisdom: Listen/View clip

1 comment:

Aunt Mary said...

Remember what happened to Joe???? I guess it worked out OK in the end.

Cool blog.