Korean Time & Date

Current Weather

Thursday, March 13, 2008

No Sunshine in Seoul


Today was our fourth day in Korea. Once again, I went to training at my school's corporate headquarters and Katie stayed at the hotel. Training has definitely lived up to my expectations of being very challenging. Between the barrages of information, there are "mock" teaching sessions and exams. I'm very thankful that I have only two more days of training after today.


We have begun to realize just how polluted Seoul is. On Sunday morning, upon waking up and looking out the window, we thought the day was cloudy. The day seemed overcast until about noon, when the sun seemed to come out for several hours. We have subsequently realized that each day we have been here has been "sunny" -but the sun has to rise high enough above the smog before it actually looks like a sunny day. I guess it isn't surprising considering that ten million people live here (roughly 10 times the population of Dallas).


When I returned to the hotel this afternoon, Katie and I went out for Mr. Pizza. Mr. Pizza is a popular pizza chain here, and we have found that they do a pretty good job; this is impressive when you consider that we have been informed that Domino's here can't make a "normal" pizza even if you ask them to. At Mr. Pizza, you can get a large pepperoni pizza with a side of pickles (yes, pickles) for just 15,000 KW. Click here to see their website.

Oddly, Mr. Pizza's advertising campaign seems to revolve around the company's solidarity with women. Take a look at the photo I took of their English menu, which they will give you upon request, and you'll see what I mean...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Pizza rocks!
Hitchpen