Korean Time & Date

Current Weather

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Grandpa



I'm really going to miss Grandpa Scoma. I don't have any grandparents that live nearby or that I can say I'm close to, so thankfully, I've had the pleasure of calling Aaron's grandparents my own. He loved going to dollar stores, and before he lost his right to drive, he would frequent several dollar stores a day, picking up various items that he mostly bought because he got a good deal on them. He also liked to look through the grocery ads from several retailers, and buy up tons of cheap food.

My favorite memory going with him to his senior center, eating lunch and playing cards with his friends. I still can't think of a sweeter time than that day. It makes me laugh when I remember how Grandpa and his friends didn't like to participate in the group chair exercises. They reminded me of the naughty little boys in first grade, who would rather sit back and laugh at everyone else than do what they were supposed to do.

He liked to give you things, and it was next to impossible to turn them down. I made sure not to comment on too many of his knick knacks after he offered me a statue figurine of an old man sitting in an arm chair. What could I possibly do with that?! It was so sweet, though. :)

Each time Aaron and I would drive to Dallas, we always made it a priority to see Grandpa. He was the main reason we went.

I'm sad he's gone, but happy that he's with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

We love you, Grandpa!

No comments: