Korean Time & Date

Current Weather

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving, Times Two


For Thanksgiving, Katie and I split our day between my parent's house and hers. We have done this nearly each year that we've known each other, and it works out pretty well. Mom & Dad brined and roasted a turkey, and served up creamed corn, broccoli/rice/cheese casserole, stuffing, rolls, gravy, and fruit salad.


As you know from her previous post, Katie has been knitting lately. She's gotten quite good in a short period of time. We got to Mom & Dad's in the morning and she knitted while we visited. I've got a scarf on the way...



Each year, Mom makes the table really beautiful. We've already eaten in this photo, so it's a little disheveled, but you can still get the idea. Laura brought her boyfriend, Gabe, over as well, and we all enjoyed visiting with him.



At Katie's Dad's house, we visited with Mindy and her boyfriend, Dave, for awhile upstairs before eating. Bruce prepared quite a feast as well: Roasted turkey, ham, stuffing, two kinds of twice-baked potatoes, corn, stuffing, and gravy. I don't think it's possible to describe just how stuffed we were after enjoying two Thanksgiving dinners.



And of course, at about 2:15 AM the next morning, I drug myself out of bed to go to work. Here I am, trying in vain to drink enough coffee to wake me up. Black Friday was as chaotic as usual, but I was glad to get off of work earlier than normal. The holidays are officially in full swing.

No comments: