Korean Time & Date

Current Weather

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Blossoms of Light


Last night Katie and I went to "Blossoms of Light" at the Denver Botanic Gardens. It was very pretty, though much of the grounds were roped off. It wasn't really very cold. We got some hot chocolate and roasted peanuts and walked around for perhaps an hour. Yesterday was my first real "day off" since graduating. It was very nice, to say the least. It feels as though a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders.






I have a phone interview scheduled with a recruiting agency on Friday morning. I applied with them back in June, but explained that I wouldn't be ready to leave for Korea until February. I called them last Thursday, and the next step in the process is this interview. As with every other recruiter (and recruiters in general, for that matter) I've read mixed reviews about this one on Dave's ESL Cafe. For the most part the feedback seems positive; the people who have been unhappy seem to be those that had very complicated expectations regarding their placement. In addition to the "standard" things (like housing, airfare, salary, etc.) my only two caveats are that I'm married -so no shared housing- and I'd like to teach in Busan. I don't think that will be an unreasonable order to fill. The interview on Friday will be as much of an opportunity for me to get a first impression of the recruiting agency as it will for them to get to know me.

No comments: