Korean Time & Date

Current Weather

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Cooped Up

That's me today. The roads were so terrible this morning that in order for Aaron to get to school, he had to take the Subaru. Both our cars need new tires but the Subaru has all-wheel drive and the Honda just doesn't fair well in the snow without good tires. Today is my day off anyway, so I guess it's okay that I'm trapped at home. Lately I've felt so much pressure with all the planning we have to do in order to leave the country, and well, having to work just complicates things :) Sometimes I feel like I don't have the energy to exert, but I know in my heart how important it is that Aaron and I both finish strong at work.
A few nights ago when A was taking a break from his studying, we took a look at our finances to see where we stand on our savings. We have it in our heads to have at least $3ooo with us when we leave the country. This covers emergency flights home and money to get us through the first month until Aaron gets paid. We shouldn't have a problem saving that, and much more. Thankfully, we have no c.card debt, and only a few bills, so most of our money can be saved. In addition to the money for Korea, we would like to have enough to make it to Seattle to see my mom and sister for a week or so before we leave, and also maybe a weekend trip to our favorite mountain town, Estes Park. This is all contingent upon when Aaron gets hired and when they need him to start. We may find ourselves leaving sooner or later than our target date of March 1.
Other things we need to set up are:
A storage unit
Travelers insurance
Homes for our vehicles (our parents will likely watch our cars for us)
Canceling or suspending phone service, car insurance
Getting Visa's
Setting up Skype or some other internet phone.
-the list goes on, but besides packing issues, these are most prominent.
We're still waiting to get our TalkNow Korean language tool. Amazon has delayed this for about 3 months so I'll probably start looking for another website to order it from. Learning basic Korean is crucial to me. I don't want to arrive totally in the dark.

So today, I'll be reading up on whatever pops in my head. Any research that I can accomplish on my own is super. We might be going to the Botanic Gardens this evening to enjoy the lights. It all depends on how tired Aaron is.

No comments: