Korean Time & Date

Current Weather

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Snowbound Scholasticism


As you can see, it snowed last night, and continues to snow this morning. Poor Katie had to go to work early this morning, but fortunately her Subaru is ideal for this kind of weather. My Civic doesn't fare so well in the snow. It's lucky for me I don't have to work or go to school. The trade-off, however, is that I have will be totally snowbound today as I finish up my school work.

One day of finals is over, and I have just one more to go. Today will be spent completing a long research paper on Truman's decision to use nuclear weapons against the Japanese. I'll also be studying for two exams: The Court in Crisis and Rome & the Caesars. By late this evening I should be finished with everything.

On the Korea front, I've recently been contacted by one recruiter via email. I'm pretty sure the message was sent to me automatically; I must have told them several months ago what my target date was to leave the country. They're hiring for a number of public schools all over Korea, with start dates in February. In order to initiate the process I'll need to call the recruiting agency and participate in a phone interview. I plan to start contacting recruiters and schools Thursday, though I'm not sure how far I'll get until I receive my diploma a couple of weeks from now. As I understand it, schools often want to see a facsimile of an applicant's diploma as part of the process. Still, I think it's important to "get the ball rolling".

Alright, enough procrastinating about this paper. Time to get cracking...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of something. Oh yes, THIS MORNING. During the summer, I'm going to look back on this and smile, while I sip ice cold lemonade. :)