Korean Time & Date

Current Weather

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Long-Awaited Day


The "big day" finally arrived yesterday. Over 1,000 students graduated at the Denver Convention Center, including yours truly. Here I am, shaking hands with the college president, Dr. Stephen Jordan, after receiving my diploma.

Katie, Mom, Dad, Laura and her boyfriend, Gabe, were all there. My sister-in-law, Mindy, and her boyfriend, Dave, also came to root for me, as well as my pals Kyle and Renick. If you play the video below, you'll see what a fantastic job they all did of cheering for me as I walked across the stage, although I think Katie screamed the loudest. But to be honest, I was in such a stupor I didn't even hear them announce my name, let alone the cheering! I guess it's a good thing Katie videoed it.



Afterward we went out to eat and got ridiculously stuffed on burgers and malts. We all then headed back to our apartment, where we ate cake (one that Katie ordered, and an Oreo-chocolate cheese cake that she made herself) and had coffee. We were joined by Kyle's wife, Windy, and their two boys, Cade and Heath.



It was a busy and very exciting day. It represented one of the biggest goals that Katie and I have been working toward for the past couple of years, and we couldn't be more relieved that we've accomplished it. My parents were always supportive of me going to college; and Kyle's example, along with his motivational "pep talks", kept me plodding ahead, even when I was certain that what I was trying to do was not humanly possible. But ultimately Katie played as large a role in the completion of my degree as I did; if it wasn't for her, I don't know when I would have ever finished it. She never once suggested that I give up, even when it might have seemed easier on us both. She is truly the best wife ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are really really really good looking.